Love God with all your heart, mind and soul AND love your neighbor as yourself.
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me. I was sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you came to visit me…Whatsoever you did unto the least of them, you did unto me. – Jesus
At FOUNDRY, we believe God’s highest priority for us is clearly stated in the Gospel of Matthew. God even called it “The Greatest Commandment.”
One of the best ways to show devotion to God is to love and serve the people that God created.
FOUNDRY serves Otay Ranch and Eastlake by supporting community organizations that are seeking to make a difference, especially in these difficult economic times. These activities have included:
- Participating in and supporting YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day
- Opening Salt Creek and Montevalle Recreation Centers for Summer Family Movie Nights Under the Stars
- Cleaning local parklands so that children have healthy, safe places to play
- Assisting with the city of Chula Vista’s Community Family Campout
- Supporting the Chula Vista Public Library Foundation
- Planning safe sponsorship and supervision at local recreation centers that have been forced to close their doors during crucial after-school hours
In the future FOUNDRY UMC will provide programs, as well as partner with other organizations, that address local and community needs. Some of these are:
- Sponsor group trips to help rebuild areas devastated by natural disasters
- Support United Methodist Committee on Relief
- Partner with South Bay Community Services
- Assist I Love a Clean San Diego
- Participate in local feeding programs
- Develop and participate in youth mentorships
- Respond in other ways as needs are raised
FOUNDRY is committed to addressing suffering people wherever God empowers us with time, talents and resources.