Grace, God’s gift of unconditional love, is unearned and offered to all.
FOUNDRY UMC is a part of the 11-million-strong global United Methodist Church. As such, Christ’s teaching and the life he lived are guiding principles of our faith-life community. To read more about the beliefs of the United Methodist Church, go to www.umc.org.
At FOUNDRY, we also believe:
- That every human is created and gifted by God, in the image of the Divine Creator. God’s love is therefore, accessible to all, regardless of background, belief, sexual orientation, class or any other categories that can be used to separate or exclude.
- That God’s love has been shown to all humanity through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ – his life, death and resurrection. Grace, God’s gift of unconditional love, is unearned and offered to all.
- That our response to all-encompassing love such as this is full-time devotion that cannot be contained in a single building or limited to a certain day of the week.
- That “Christian living” means putting our faith and love into action by serving each other and working to create a better world.
- That our age-old faith tradition is more relevant today than ever. Scientific advances, modern societal problems and daily life issues do not threaten our faith. Instead, they give fresh opportunity to explore, study and apply God’s compassion.
- That God created us to need each other and be in relationship with one another. Our best individual efforts are multiplied when we work together.